Tuesday, October 28, 2008

cards even Christian Siriano would approve of

This:
is currently my favorite place in Berkeley.

Why?
It's really really hard for me to explain. I think you just kind of have go there and be me. or be like me. (Haha makes a lot of sense, huh.) Well...

• The name of the store is clever! It's a play on "avant-garde" which is a term I know thanks to Christian Siriano who was all about the avant-garde on PR. :)

• The atmosphere is so nice. It's a quaint, cozy little card shop with separately "themed" shelves (like one for birthdays, for anniversaries, thank yous, just-because-es, etc.) chock-full of cards that I could browse through forEVer.

• The cards are different. I've browsed the card sections at Walgreens and the Cal Student Store, but these cards are just... better. Yeah, they don't have those loud singing cards but that's what's cool about it. Most show a lot less but say so much more.


These ones of The Little Prince sold it for me.
(One of my favorite books, and used the same quote for my senior quote last year.)
I love themm. love. them.

• I've been on a whole "appreciation for snail mail!" mode after coming to college. I realized I miss that feeling of opening my mailbox (which is waaay too high up for me to comfortably reach, btw) and getting a letter. So slowly but surely I want to send more stuff by post!


Now if someone asks me what I would do if I won a million dollars, I know what I would do with at least like $100 of it.

Yeahhh.. I'd spend it on cards and fun things at Avant Card.
But till then, I'll just stop by every so often after a long day of classes just to browse through the cards again. :)


"The avant-garde are people who don’t exactly know where they want to go, but are the first to get there." - Romain Gary

5 comments:

Harim said...

:) that store looks sick. I wish there was something like that close by here. When I visit you you got to take me to that card store!... oh yeah if you guys have a yarn shop I wouldn't mind taking a peak there too :P

chery said...

aw i totally want to visit! it looks so cute (:

Crystal said...

WAIT WAIT
I'm so excited!
I've been there haha

said...

I LOVE your posts. This is so cute! Dude I pass by A-Card every day and I totally did not know what was in [the] store for me! Excellent. We must go.

鄧浩昀 said...

你好媽?